Monday, October 18, 2010

Photographers whose work I like - No 8 / Damien Lafargue






Damien Lafargue is the driving force and brains behind the Paris based photographers collective, Get The Picture, of which I'm pleased to be a member. Damien is also a photographer whose work I admire.

He writes, ""I became a photographer in my early twenties. For several years, making ends meet meant shooting what I was told to: people, events, things ; a whole lot of crap on its way to be printed in the pages of the press. I'm done with that. Nowadays, I'm more like a backpacker, freely strolling the world and paying attention to what I did not have the time to discover before. I don't know where I'm going, I'd be lying pretending the opposite. I know it's not a very consistent artists statement, but this is where I stand. I'm just a guy taking his camera on a tour."

1 comment:

rabin photography said...

Very interesting shots - will be back -