Saturday, May 14, 2016

THE TRAVELLER - my new bookwork from Dewi Lewis Publishing UK




Dewi Lewis Publishing will be presenting my new bookwork THE TRAVELLER at Photo London next week. I will be in London for a book signing, 3.30 pm, Thursday the 19th at Photo London.

Although constructed with mostly recent photographs, the idea behind THE TRAVELLER, deals with a period of 15 years or more in my life where my many journeys have taken me from the South Pacific through Asia to Paris, my European spiritual home. The book is part fiction, part autobiography and deals with the recurring themes of loss, and as the self portraits in the book attest, impermanence. THE TRAVELLER is a personal reflection of a world where strange connections occur. My photographs never offer answers, only questions to tempt the curious. Although a democratic and balanced view, it's an acerbic, wry response to the world in free-fall where nothing is certain. And perhaps too you will find
humor, affection, hope and unexpected beauty.

THE TRAVELLER is a 94 page book, 290 x 195 mm with 88 colour photographs. 

Below are a selection of spreads of spreads from the work.


















No comments: