Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Cologne Photography Workshop in October


Following the successful photography workshop at the Lichtblick School in Cologne last May, I will be conducing another workshop there on Saturday 29 and Sunday 30 October. The workshop will concentrate on tactics to achieve a visible, differentiated photography practice in a digital world full of photographers and photographs.

Building on my lengthy experience of gallery shows, making photo bookworks and workshops with Louis Baltz, John Gossage, Alec Soth, Rineke Dijkstra, Paul Graham and Todd Hido, I will be passing on what I have learnt with regard to "process" and the arrival at positive and authentic practice outcomes. Among other things, I will be talking about what makes a great photograph and why, strategies for evaluating your own work, editing and sequencing and different approaches to photobook making.
There will also be an opportunity for all participants to have their portfolios reviewed in a constructive, helpful manner.

It was clear to me that the group at the last workshop came away feeling enthused and uplifted with fresh tools and ideas to take their photography to the next level.

If you'd like to know more you can contact me direct at: harvey.benge@xtra.co.nz
or Wolfgang Zurborn at Lichtblick School.

Steinbergerstr. 21
50733 Köln
fon +49 (0)221 729149
fax +49 (0)3212 5382739
info@lichtblick-school.com
www.lichtblick-school.com

The photograph is of the group from the last workshop, including from the Lichtblick School, Wolfgang Zurborn, Tina Schelhorn and of course me.

No comments: