Wednesday, October 7, 2009
I have just discovered a great photo blog, Manchester Photography, produced by Mark Page. Mark has posted a series of pictures that he calls "Cliches of Photography". I just had to repost this as not only is it funny, but it's true.
Here is the list.
1. Crappy photos of what I eat.
2. Diptychy, Triptychy, with random white borders.
3. Half in, half out, folk wadding.
4. Falling, floating, jumping.
5. The "found" photograph.
6. Backs of heads, either human, fish or fowl.
7. Mounds and heaps.
8. Teeny shrunken cities.
9. Murals in the landscape.
10. People with shit over their heads.
I'd add, over photoshopped pictures of young kids often in funny clothes, people made to do things in the landscape they would never do in real life and large format landscape pictures we have all seen a million times before.
The photographs are from the Manchester Photography site, you can match em up with the list......
Posted by Harvey's Blog at 10:35 PM