Friday, April 27, 2012

Photographers whose work I like - No17/ Jason Evans

Today's photograph from The Daily Nice
I met Jason Evans at the Kassel Photobook Festival last year. We were in the same hotel together at the top of the hill and we walked, talked and photographed together on our way down hill to the Documenta space. Jason struck me as a friendly fuck you sort of person, impatient with conformity, not good with compromise, the expected, or the seen-it-all-before. I'd never seen his work but I knew I'd like it.
And yes, I do like his work. A lot.

Jason has a varied practice. He is equally interested in making an album cover, an editorial fashion story or a gallery project. He enjoys the dialogues of collaboration and prefers working intuitively. He also writes about photography for various publications, including Photoworks and Aperture, and is the author of several online photography projects, including The New Scent and The Daily Nice. And you can go to his website HERE.

Here are some of his photographs:








And this piece in UK's WeHeart Magazine is worth a read HERE

2 comments:

Mahesh Shantaram said...

"Jason struck me as a friendly fuck you sort of person, impatient with conformity, not good with compromise, the expected, or the seen-it-all-before."

I couldn't have said it better myself. I had a tribute to him in my dummy book this year at Le Bal.

Harvey's Blog said...

Nice :-) h