I'm sure many of us have asked ourselves these questions....
1. How do I get the work out there and visible against the flood of a zillion other photographers and their images?
2. Is it possible to get a publisher interested enough to actually publish the work and get the book widely distributed?
3. Why is it that I see so many decorative, lightweight photographs on gallery walls with red stickers and my work which I think is substantial and authentic never sells?
4. How can I find a galerist who really knows what they are doing, knows about photography and is as committed to my work as I am? And can sell it.
5. Where do I get constructive, critical feedback on the work beyond the usual comments from friends, "wow, I like that"?
6. How can I develop a unique voice for the work, one which is completely my own, that fits and extends my vision?
7. How do I make the work better, tougher?
8. Is it ok to feel so insecure and uncertain about the work?
9. Why am I doing this crazy thing anyway?
If you can't identify with any of these questions give it up NOW!
Oh! And HAPPY NEW YEAR!