Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Photographers whose work I like - No34/ Julia De Cooker





Recently I had the pleasure of meeting French photographer Julia De Cooker who was in Auckland looking for a lab to process a mountain of film she had shot while traveling to NZ through the Pacific. Julia kindly gave me a copy of her bookwork An Artificial Life published by Kehrer in 2017. The work is really good. Julia has a quiet sensibility and uncertainty that all the best artists have, she makes compelling images from the heart and the head. There is no, wow I'm really clever look at me here.

Julia was born in Paris in 1988 and graduated in Visual Communication/Photography at ECAL, Lausanne, Switzerland in 2012. She is based in Paris.

Below is a selection of Julia's images from an An Artificial Life, I'm sure you will agree this is stand-out work. You can go to Julia's website HERE.











No comments: