Friday, August 21, 2009

New Work - my 7 book, 192 page mini-series




My new artist book (or books) work will be printed next week. Consisting of seven small books varying in pages from 20 to 36, they will be published under my imprint FAQEDITIONS in an edition of only 50 copies.
The subject matter casts far and wide and brings together photographs I have made as far afield as Slovakia, Camogli on the Italian Riviera, China, Motuoroi Island off the East Coast of New Zealand and in my studio in Auckland. With utilitarian covers consisting of black type (my trade mark Univers) on a grey background they are simply titled as follows: OBJECTS, CARS, CLOTHES, PEOPLE, ISLAND, BEACH AND SHOES.
Collectively the books deal with ideas of diversity, coexistence, and extremes, and are anthropological catalogues of human taste, desires and foibles. These book works, brought together under the title UNCONCERNED BUT NOT INDIFFERENT will launch at Paris Photo in November. Here are three pictures from the CLOTHES edition.

No comments: